How To Operate a Crack Fill MachineMichael Coderre
Learning to use a crack fill machine is easy, simply follow the steps below
The “How to use a crack fill machine instructions” below are for a meltor applicator type of machine.
- Open the cover to the crack fill machine, and add in a brick of crack filler material into the machine.
- Light your torch and heat the machine up to 350°F. The material will melt from solid form to fluid form. Using the agitator while the brick is melting speeds up the meting process, and keeps material consistency.
- After the crack filler has melted, and you have agitated the material you can begin walking the machine and line the shoe up with the start of your crack.
- Squeeze the trigger lever to open the valve and as the material begins to come out begin walking the machine forward slowly while keeping the shoe lined up with the crack.
- Keep a slow steady pace ensuring the crack gets enough material as you move forward.
- Keep and eye on the shoe, and ensure that it does not overfill with crack filler. You may need to speed up your walking speed or close the valve to adjust for this.
- As you move forward the scraper will leave a smooth watertight seal over the crack.
**** TIP – If you continue to feed bricks into the melter as you progress you will not have to stop and wait as frequently for the product to melt, and you will be more efficient. Time saved = money earned.