TraxAlert™ Advanced Railway Crossing Warning System
TraxAlert™ applies in-roadway warning lights (IRWL) – a proven traffic calming method that’s shown to significantly increase motorist stopping yield rates and reduce pedestrian crosswalk injuries – to RR grade crossing.
According to the US Department Of Transportation, there are 240,528 at-grade highway-rail crossings in the United States. Even with gates and signal lights, nearly 50% of vehicle-train collisions occur at crossings with these types active warning devices.
TraxAlert™ features & benefits:
- Advanced warning light system specifically designed for Railway Crossings
- Improves drivers’ attention and awareness via flashing IRWL’s and LED enhanced signs
- Reduces accident-injury rates resulting from downstream intersections and crossing backups
- Enhances overall rail grade crossing system effectiveness with the use of LightGuard’s IRWL system controller
- Can be synced-up (via our controller) with existing gates and alarm systems, or interfaced into existing signalized downstream queuing.
- Defines where vehicle stops
- Provides a safe vehicle buffer zone
- Reviews (0)