Passive Pedestrian Detection System
Pedestrian Detection

T6 Automatic Crossing Activation Bollard – Pedestrian Detection System

Passive Pedestrian Detection System Saves Lives

Studies show only 60% of pedestrians activate crossing lights, leaving 40% of all pedestrians vulnerable to being unseen by motorists, and increasing the odds of incidents.

  • Directional detecting infrared sensors
  • *NightGuide™ crosswalk entrance light
  • Custom branding available
  • BlockSafe™ ensures continuous operation
  • Capable of interfacing with other ITS devices
  • Durable aluminum construction
  • Optional audible sounds

The crosswalk entry ‘gateway’ is created by two opposing bollards which are installed at least 1.5’ – 4’ (feet) from the curb, and as wide as possible at the crosswalk entrance. As pedestrians enter the crosswalk, passing between the two bollards, infrared light beams detect their presence and automatically activate the system. Due to this, no pedestrian action is required. Bollards activate Smart Crosswalk™ in-roadway warning lights (IRWLs), LED border-enhanced warning signs, and RRFBs.

The T6 bollard’s infrared light beams are directionally sensitive and activate only as pedestrians enter the crosswalk. Subsequently, no pedestrian action is required. Bollards have a range of sixty feet, contain vandal-resistant stainless steel fasteners, and user-adjustable sensor orientation and sensitivity levels. BlockSafe™, a feature of the FailSafe™ system, ensures continuous operation—even if the infrared light beam between two bollards is blocked. FailSafe™, our proprietary default operating mode, triggers a blinking pattern that remains on until the system signal or blockage notice is cleared.

NightGuide™ Crosswalk Entrance Lighting 

NightGuide™ contains 12 internally illuminated LEDs—providing a courtesy light that “invites” pedestrians to a safer place to cross the street. NightGuide™ is continuously on both night day.


The new T6 Bollard is compatible with all Smart Crosswalk™ system components, LED lights, solar systems, controllers, RRFB’s, radar and other wireless ITS systems, but offers its fullest capabilities to customers using the complete Smart Crosswalk™ in-roadway warning light pedestrian safety system with flashing LED signs.


T6 Specifications

Power consumption2.5 Watts
Operating temperature-20° to 80°C
Operating voltage10 VDC to 14 VDC
Exterior color White; custom colors available
Outer enclosure material0.125″ aluminum
*NightGuide™ light colorAmber
Custom lighted graphicRequires a .BMP graphic; fees apply
Dimensions42” height; 8” diameter
Installation Mounts via concrete anchor bolts


There are no reviews yet.

Be the first to review “T6 Automatic Crossing Activation Bollard – Pedestrian Detection System”